Thank you for purchasing your SoundOff noise masking product. This patented technology should enable you to overcome unwanted noises and help give you a more comfortable nights’ sleep.
The SoundOff product uses Pink Noise Technology.
Give yourself time to get used to your SoundOff earpieces. After a few days you will hardly know they are there.
Please take a few minutes to read this users’ guide. It will help you to properly use your new SoundOff and enjoy the results.
Keep these instructions for future reference.
Your new SoundOff noise masking product consists of:
Important: Before initial use, it is important to fully charge the batteries.
Charging the Battery:
Initial charging time for your new SoundOff batteries is approximately 1 hour. After that, the charging time varies depending on the battery state.
Plug the charger cord into a 120 volt outlet. Insert the small single pin end of the charger cord into the charger case.
The LED indicators will now glow red.
- Insert each of the ear pieces into the charging docks in the charging case. Each earpiece is marked “R” for right and “L” for left. The charging docks on the charging case are also marked “R” for right and “L” for left.
- Once the earpieces are correctly inserted in the charging docks the LED indicators will change to a flashing green. This means the earpiece batteries are charging.
- When the LED indicators change to a steady green glow the batteries are fully charged.
- Although the SoundOff batteries are designed to last for 10 to 20 hours (depending on the volume setting) of use before they need to be recharged, we recommend nightly users reinsert the earpieces into the charger docks every morning when getting out of bed. This way they will always be freshly charged for the next nights’ sleep.
Do not keep your SoundOff earpieces continually charging over extended periods of time without using them. This may permanently reduce the charge capacity of the batteries.
Important Comfort Tip: For those who sleep on their side SoundOff users have found sleeping with their ear placed in the gap created by placing two pillows together will relieve any pressure on the ear from the SoundOff earpiece. This works very well for those with sensitive ears.
Instructions for Using Your SoundOff Earpieces:
Putting on SoundOff earpieces
To use your SoundOff earpieces simply put the ear hoop of the left earpiece over your left ear and the right earpiece over your right ear. They can only go on one way. You can now adjust the fexible ear hoops to fit your individual ears.
Turning on SoundOff / Volume Control
Once you have found a good fit press and hold down the on/off button until you hear pink noise. If you push the button again but do not hold it down, the volume will go up one level; push it again and it will go up another level. There are six (6) volume levels. If you keep pushing the buttons the earpiece will simply cycle through all six levels and start over again.
Turning Off SoundOff
Once you have found the level that works for you, turn the earpiece off. To do this, just push and hold down the button until you do not hear pink noise.
The SoundOff earpiece will remember the volume level it was set at when it was turned off. When you turn it back on it will return to that level. You do not have to continually set the volume to your preferred setting.
Now you are ready to use your SoundOff earpieces. When going to bed just put the earpieces on, turn them on and relax to the soothing sound that will help you to sleep.
Care and Cleaning:
The SoundOff silicone comfort tips may be removed and cleaned as needed with cotton or tissue using alcohol or mild soap.
Do not spray or submerge the SoundOff earpieces with any liquid including water.
The SoundOff noise masking product is designed to effectively mask sounds that prevent or interrupt a persons’ ability to sleep such as snoring or other bothersome noises in the environment. These patented earpieces are specifically designed to be extremely comfortable while worn during sleep. After a few days you will hardly know they are there.
You’ll love what you can’t hear.
The sound technology used to mask noise in the SoundOff product is called pink noise. Pink noise is engineered to mimic the pleasing natural sounds occurring in nature. It closely matches the sound spectrum of what we hear in our everyday lives like the rustling of leaves, a waterfall or rainfall.
Research has revealed that study participants experienced more restful sleep while listening to pink noise. This was attributed to the fact that pink noise slows and regulates brain waves.
Clearly, millions of people need both more and better sleep. Adding pink noise to your sleep routine may bring you closer to a good night’s sleep and feeling refreshed in the morning.
Battery Handling and Precautions:
- The battery does not have to be completely discharged in order to charge it. You can charge the battery at any time.
- Never leave the battery in a discharged state. Charge after each use and before storage.
- Avoid extreme temperatures when charging the battery. Battery charging should occur within the temperature range of 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) to 95 degrees F (35 degrees C).
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose the battery or charger to rain or moisture.
- Do not expose the charger to dripping or splashing of liquids. The battery charger must be used indoors. It is neither designed nor tested for use outdoors, in recreation vehicles or on boats.
- Charge the battery only on the charger provided by the manufacturer.
- Do not continue charging the battery if it does not reach full charge within the specified charging time. Doing so may cause the battery to become hot, rupture, or ignite. If you see any heat deformation or leakage, stop charging immediately and property dispose of the device. If any leaked electrolyte gets in to eyes, rinse eyes with clean running water and seek immediate medical attention. Otherwise, injury may result.
- Do not expose the battery to temperatures greater than 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). If exposed to excessive heat the battery can catch fire and explode.
- Do not place the battery in direct sunlight or use or store inside cars in hot weather where it can be exposed to temperatures in excess of 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Doing so may cause the battery to generate heat, rupture or ignite. Using the battery in this manner also may result in a loss of performance and a shortened life expectancy.
- Do not hit the battery with a hammer, step on, throw or drop it to expose it to a strong shock.
- Do not pierce the battery with a sharp object such as a nail.
- Do not crush, dent, or deform the battery in any way. If the battery becomes deformed, properly dispose of the devise. The battery used in this device may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated. Do not disassemble, heat above 140 degrees F (60 C), or incinerate.
- Do not allow the battery to get wet. Avoid using in high humidity environments. Avoid electrostatic discharge to the battery.
- Do not drop or sit on the earpieces or allow them to be immersed in water.
- Do not use the SoundOff earpieces at a higher volume than you are comfortable with (the maximum volume on the SoundOff earpiece is below the OSHA prescribed standard for long term use of 90 decibels.
- Do not use the SoundOff earpieces while operating a motor vehicle on a public road or where the inability to hear outside sounds may present a danger to you or others.
Please dispose of a used or damaged devise properly and property, following any local regulations for battery disposal. Keep away from children. Do not incinerate.
SoundOff warrants this product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, or misapplication.
When the product is returned for warranty services it should be bubble wrapped and packaged in a box acceptable for shipping (or in its original box with packing materials). If it is determined a warranty claim is valid SoundOff will, at its sole option, replace or repair the product and deliver it back to the customer in a timely fashion. Go to www.soundoffsleep.com for shipping information.
The maximum liability of SoundOff under this limited warranty shall not exceed the actual purchase price paid for the product. SoundOff shall not be liable under any circumstances for the indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, or for damages resulting in any way from faulty or improper use of the product.
Made in China
US Patent #’s: D636,598 S – D623,859 S – 8,019092 – D625,297 S